Saturday, November 12, 2005

Party tonight

Awakened at about 1:30, heard stirrings below decks; beloved spouse safely returned! Received my packet of birthday cookies, stumbled back up to bed. After breakfast and a spot of OSU football for my mom, got her out for a walk. She was feeling energetic, and managed 8 blocks.
The friend's 50th birthday celebration tonight was a good deal of fun. She got the use of a climbing pal's artist's loft, which was funkily charming, albeit really chilly at first. Good food, great wine, very good little group of musicians; another friend of the birthday girl's and I started the dancing off, as I looked for someone, anyone, who knew how to salsa; alas, not a single soul admitted to it, so we just sorta faked it. SO much fun, boogying about. Definitely got us all warmed up. Another friend of hers brought in an absolutely delicious cake, full of hazelnut cream, enrobed in dark chocolate. I made off with a few extra pieces to have for breakfast with my coffee, the only time of day I drink coffee.
Home around 11:00, to bed kind of late.

1 Comments:

Blogger isabelita said...

Not as good as the one I made for Phil's birthday!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home