Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Doggy duty resumes

After a short walk with my mother, who's been slowly getting back at it since her ER adventure late Saturday night, I walked up to get the chihuahuas out on their constitutional. They were thrilled to see me - it's wonderful to feel so wanted! - and off we whirled. The younger one is just learning to lift his leg when he pees, which is an improvement over the alternative, and enthusiastically marked every post, tree, weed and interesting spot we passed. It warmed up nearly to 50 today, and things didn't seem so bleak. Couple of happy little critters like those dogs, a sunny day, plenty to distract us all - balm to the spirit.

4 Comments:

Blogger isabelita said...

Thank you, kathy. I also had a productive conversation with the in-home healthcare group we've used some, and they love my mom, and are fully capable of ramping up the nursing care if we need to. I feel as if some of the weight's been lifted. I hate the unknown part, though. You just can't predict when things will go south for someone this age.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

I asked my dog what she thought about the impending civil war in Iraq. All she did was spin around a few times...so we went for a walk. Kinda pretty up here. Some soft flakes drifting down. Right around freezing. But I'm worried about my dog. She doesn't seem too troubled by this civil war talk.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry Isa, can I ask a question? Op, just did...one more? oh, two more? Anyway. I was wondering. Is the pissing on trees similar to the W, Rove and Co pissing on the constitution? Just wonderin'

7:08 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Amazing how this horror show in Iraq will all be spun to RoveBushco's advantage, neil. It is appalling the way these men think.

Well, spike, the US Constitution is just a piece of paper, after all, and old paper at that. Any dog of war worth its piss knows what to do to it.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home