Tuesday, May 23, 2006

it's pouring, must be Memorial Day weekend...

We successfully dodged raindrops all day, getting in a couple of walks for mom and a run for me. We chatted a bit with the neighbor on the corner who keeps some rose bushes; we usually pick up interesting gardening tips from her. Not that I'm applying this acquired wisdom prodigiously, but I'll know what to do when I get around to doing it. This person was throwing away a fair-sized lavender shrub she thought had gotten too leggy, so I rescued it, planted it in our parking strip, and it still seems to be alive, a few weeks later. There are several plants I've gotten via this plant amnesty, and they're doing fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm...if amnesty is good for plants, might it be good for humans too?

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home