Thursday, March 15, 2007

Random encounter

We went out on an evening walk, and decided to get a dessert beverage. We ran into a former colleague of mine, with whom I'd worked in a private tutoring agency in which she was a partner. She and her husband were having a late-ish dinner, so we joined them to chat. We're all in the same age range, all from the Midwest, and it was enjoyable to reminesce about our earlier days. We share political opinions, which left the conversation unfettered in any way, fortunately to my mind. Anybody I run into who still defends what's ruining this country at this point is no one I want to try to get to know, at least not socially.

4 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

I agree completely. Who has time to schmooze with people who are defenders of this administration? We would have nothing in common with them, except that we breathe the same air.

3:45 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Hard, though, if they are business associates, and you have to deal with them. Not sure if the business world can provide any neutral territory, maybe a little bit.
Although I 've run into some nasty people who were progressive liberally. It's when money and/or power enters into the situation that all bets can be off...

4:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Anybody I run into who still defends what's ruining this country at this point is no one I want to try to get to know, at least not socially."

Maybe its time to dredge out the "Hug a republican day" and say, we forgive you these transgresses, but come on over to our side lets see what we can do to get our country out of this mess your leaders dumped us into?

9:43 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

'spike, that's interesting. I especially like the "your leaders" bit. I'm fed up with being told WE let this happen to the country.
Not I.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home