Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Who knows where the time goes?

Up and down with the fight against a virus; a couple of days in a row of climbing at the gym, and finally clawing my way back to relative strength. Spent more time also week with our concussed friend, and my homemade coconut and chocolate chip filled cookies helped the healing process, I like to think. Those are ingredients of renewal. She loaned me Margaret Atwood's Year of the Flood, a prequel to Oryx and Crake, and I could not put it down. I am hoping for a third novel, to make a trilogy. There could be a sort of hopeful post apocalypse... Also read an odd novel called Lives of the Monster Dogs. It kind of followed in the footsteps of H.G. Wells's The Island of Doctor Moreaux. Imaginative possibilities, not quite the control of Atwood.
The kitchen is freshly painted and looking nice, thanks to the beloved offspring; we will keep plugging away at renewal of the homestead.
Productive band rehearsal tonight, and interesting directions for the future of the group, as revealed in the election of new officers. There is a drive to keep the sense of community but be prepared for growth.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't read Margaret Atwood in a while. Not since The Handmaid's Tale. I've heard good things about Oryx and Crake, and maybe if we get some more rain soon, I'll be inclined to dive into a good book.

Glad to hear you are on the mend, and those cookies sound delicious!

3:55 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Robin, get Oryx & Crake and The Year of the flood, and you are set for some good readin'!
Nothing like dark chocolate and coconut for comfort...

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home