Monday, May 23, 2005

How are things today?

Well, despite being stiff, my mom's leg didn't give out on her, and she was able to make it downstairs for breakfast. As she came to the table with the trekking poles, my husband remarked that she looked like she'd skiied down! That made her laugh. While she was eating, I zipped over to the pharmacy and got an adjustable knee brace for her to try. We got it on comfortably, and by gum, she made it out for a little bit of a walk. It was very hard getting back up our front steps, but she was adamant. She likes the knee supporter, and the poles.
Made it over to the climbing gym for a workout, and catching up with friends. One said he had a folding walker he would lend Mother, so I hope he remembers to bring it later this week. He'd gotten it for himself, after some sort of mishap scrambling around the lower reaches of Mount Rainier.
Still no word from our son...I just hope they're off and climbing up one of those multi-pitched routes in Yosemite.
Tomorrow morning we head to the doctor's office to have my mom's leg checked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home