Friday, August 19, 2005

Fabulously Friday

Yummy day. Amazing climate, at least for now. Got out for Mother's walk, saw the chickens, talked to their mistress, up and about after her liver biopsy, then down to the midpoint corner four blocks away. As we stood there, straightening our backs and checking on Green Lake's hue, a friend I hadn't seen for ages drove by on his way to Zoka's, the local coffee house. We chatted for a few minutes, then Mother and I headed back to the corral.
Light lunch, now back at my friend's ivy and St. John's Wort infestation. Hacked, pulled and clipped for the better part of two hours, and to look at it, you'd hardly think I'd done anything. but I filled her giant yard waste container, and my hands are very sore. Shit! I can't wear them out before we go up to Squamish climbing!
My beloved spouse and I took a nice evening walk down to Fremont and wound up at El Camino, a restaurant which serves up Mexican and Central American fare. Also very swell margaritas and other beverages. They put out a teeny bowl of spiced mixed nuts with one's beverages, a civilized touch equaled nowhere else in Seattle that I've found. We had one of the most delicious ceviches I've ever seen, full of shrimp, scallops, salmon and spiciness. We also ordered smoked duck tostadas and seared weathervane scallops in a spicy pumpkin seed sauce. Whew. We walked more afterwards, over to Gasworks Park and back up the hill to our house.
It's an incredible coolly breezy night, and a full moon is soon to rise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home