Saturday, August 20, 2005

Scintillating Saturday

Hah. Not enough sleep, and poor at that. Got my mom out for her walk, including taking a peek at the chickens. No sign of our friend, so perhaps they're having a quiet lazy morning. One moderately sized blue green egg in the laying box.
Around mid-afternoon, I decided to put on a little backpack and hike over to the Co Op for some dinner items and sundries. Beloved spouse had just driven off to take a kayak paddle, and as I was stepping out the front door, my chicken-owning friend called to tell me that on a whim they had rented a car and driven to Spokane very early this morning. I assumed it was to visit her sister, since people don't usually choose Spokane, Washington as a place to go on a whim. She didn't remember if she had put her birds back in their coop, so I assured her that they were fine. She told me to take the egg, too.
I walked along the northwest edge of Green Lake to get to the Co Op. Not so many runners, as it was a lovely hot afternoon, maybe a bit too hot for hard running, but many family groups ambling along.
Found Shady Maple Farms' Pure Maple Sugar Chunks at the Co Op, but not their Maple Butter, which is undoubtedly the mortal form of ambrosia. Unfortunately I will have to go to Whole Foods for that.
We had a pleasant dinner and evening. Off to bed earleir, since beloved spouse heads to Milwaukee in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home